Thursday 5 January 2012

The Boots


I saw this picture online yesterday, taken 4 days ago of Chloe Sevigny courtside at a basketball game.When I scanned past the hair style (she can do much better) I noticed her boots...and they looked familiar.



Pierre Hardy for Gap; I bought these boots 3 years ago. Soft leather with a chunky heel, they are much more comfortable than they appear and have improved with age, looking just worn enough.

In 2008 there was a craze trying to find these boots anywhere as they had sold out. Numerous photos of fashionistas made sure of this-Alexa Chung was a fan and editors of major fashion magazines sitting front row at Fashion Week were rocking a pair.   The Observer newspaper's style section rated them number 10 in their Alternative Style Awards 2008 as 'the single most oversubscribed piece of the year'.  

Luckily the fashion community of Lille were disinterested, and I found myself a pair. I felt compelled to adopt them and give them a good home.


photocredit Huffingtonpost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment